Patients Ask, “Can You Straighten Our Teeth Without Traditional Braces?”
You want the happiest and healthiest smile that you can achieve. Not every person’s teeth grow naturally straight and aligned. Factors that can influence the development of protruding, overlapping, crooked, or twisted teeth include:
- Problems with overbite, underbite, or crooked teeth may be inherited conditions
- Bite issues may also be caused by premature loss of baby teeth or adult teeth
- A mouth structure that is too small to hold all of the teeth can cause overcrowding and shifting
- Abnormal development, in which the upper and lower jaws are not the same size, can result in protrusion of one or the other
- Poorly fitting dental restorations can lead to misalignment
- Injury to the jaw
- Gum disease
- Childhood thumb-sucking, prolonged bottle or pacifier use, or tongue thrusting
Teens and adults may have cosmetic and personal concerns about orthodontics, including food restrictions, visible wire and metal brackets, and impaired ability to maintain optimal oral hygiene.
At Living Wellness Dental Northland, we have been serving generations of families from Calgary, Airdrie, Canmore, Red Deer, and nearby Alberta neighbourhoods. We are pleased to offer progressive orthodontic options for children and adults, including BioBloc Orthotropics and Invisalign.
BioBloc Orthotropics is a treatment that addresses proper jaw development in children and encourages forward and upward positioning, leading to better alignment and preventing airway restrictions.
Invisalign technology offers teens and adults a virtually invisible and discreet way to straighten teeth. Using a series of clear, comfortable, and removable aligner trays, Invisalign applies gentle and gradual pressure that shifts teeth into the desired position. Food restrictions are minimal, and patients describe cleaning and flossing much simpler than around a wire. Patients wear the custom-designed trays for up to 22 hours daily and remove them to eat, brush, and floss. The trays are progressively changed every two weeks until the patient has achieved his or her personalized goals.
For more information about orthodontic alternatives, contact our professional dental team at Living Wellness Dental Northland today at (403) 800-0818.Back to Invisalign Page